What is Intangible Tax

The intangibles tax is a local tax, not to be confused with the state income tax, which is used to support state government, levied on gross earning received from intangible property such as:

  • savings accounts
  • stocks
  • bonds
  • accounts receivables
  • mortgages

Who must file local intangible tax

All Kansas residents and corporations owning taxable property and every nonresident owning accounts receivable or other Intangible property with a Kansas business address, receiving earnings from the property during the calendar year or fiscal year ending in 2021, must file Form 200 (not available to file online). If you live in an area that has no intangibles tax, or your tax due is less than $5, you do not have to file Form 200. To find out if you live in a township that imposes intangible tax, go to https://www.ksrevenue.gov/pdf/20022.pdf Scroll down to page three to find the list of townships in McPherson County along with the tax rate.

When and where to file

You must file a hard copy Form 200 (not available online) with the McPherson County Clerk's Office on or before April 15th, every year. There are no provisions for extensions of time to file Form 200. DO NOT enclose Form 200 with you Kansas Income Tax Return and mail to the Department of Revenue. The McPherson County Clerk will compute your tax and you will be billed by your McPherson County Treasurer in November. If your return is delinquent, interest and/or penalty may be assessed by the County Treasurer's office. This will be included in your tax billing when you receive it. If your tax is less than $5, you will not be billed.

Form 200 local intangible tax return

Go to the website above to print out Form 200. If you have any questions, please call the McPherson County Clerk's Office at 620-241-3656

  1. McPherson County Clerk

    117 N. Maple

    P.O. Box 425

    McPherson, KS 67460

    Ph: (620) 241-3656

    Fx: (620) 241-1168


    8:00 am - 5:00 pm