Homestead Claim Instructions
The County Clerk's Office will assist you in filing your claim online. There is no charge for this service. If you have your taxes done professionally, they can file Homestead for you.
The Kansas Department of Revenue no longer mails Homestead Claim booklets to individuals. If you would like a copy mailed to you, click here to go to the Kansas Department of Revenue's website to have one mailed to you.
Annual Filing Deadline: April 15
Maximum amount of refund is $700
You may qualify for a refund if you have been a Kansas Resident for the entire year and your total Household Income was $36,600 or less and you:
- Were age 55 or older for the entire year OR
- Have a dependent child under 18 years of age that lived with you for the entire year OR
- You have been blind or totally and permanently disabled for the entire year
What you need to provide at the time of filing
- Total Household Income (documented proof of wages, Social Security Benefits, Pensions, Interest, etc.)
- Copy of Social Security Benefit Statement
- Real Estate Tax Statement for residence
- Your refund amount from your original 2020 Homestead claim (if you did one)
- If Disabled, Social Security Benefit Verification Statement or Schedule DIS