The mission of the McPherson County Health Department is to promote healthy behaviors that protect the well-being and the environmental safety of McPherson County residents.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, McPherson County Health Department (MCHD) will continue to operate until further notice. MCHD is taking a proactive approach to protect our clients and our community.
Effective March 24, 2020, McPherson County Health Department will implement services by appointment only. We also ask that you wear a cloth face covering or homemade mask, if possible, when you visit us. If you plan to utilize a walk-in service, please call ahead and we will further instruct you.
McPherson County Health Department WIC Program is now available without physical presence.
- Current participants will continue to receive WIC benefits and new applicants will be assessed, certified and issued benefits.
- Clinic operating hours and staff availability will be subject to local and state orders related to the pandemic. Currently, the MCHD WIC Program is in operation at the following days and times:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00 – 12:00 PM, 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- Wednesdays 9:30 – 12:00 PM, 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- Normally, participants and applicants of the program must be physically present to receive services. A physical presence waiver is now in effect, allowing WIC appointments to occur using telephone, computer and other technology. Clinic staff will assess and certify applicants for eligibility and will issue food benefits remotely to those determined eligible.
- If you have an appointment already scheduled, please call us at that appointment time and we will further instruct you.
- Additional details about the Kansas WIC Program can be found here: www.kansaswic.org/families
McPherson County Health Department Family Planning Program will also continue to be available during the pandemic. If you are due for an annual exam, need to pick up or receive your contraceptives, or need to schedule a problem visit, please call our office. We are happy to answer your questions and work towards keeping you safe, while also supporting your health needs.
McPherson County Health Department will continue Immunization Appointments at this time. If you are scheduled for an appointment, please only bring the patient and necessary parent/legal guardian. Screening at the front door will take place to ensure everyone’s safety.
Thank you for working with us during this challenging time. We are thankful to have such a great, supportive community!
Credit/Debit Card Payments Made in Office The McPherson County Health Department now offers the convenience of accepting MasterCard,Visa, American Express, and Discover Credit/Debit cards for Health Department Services. The payment processing company charges a convenience fee of 2.45% or $3.00 minimum to cardholders who use this service. Just ask an employee to use your MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover card.